Header AD

Young man is willing to give up his IT skills to make durian cakes and sell until he becomes a millionaire

Marcus Chan is known as a young millionaire in Singapore for his durian-making business, a family venture, but before the young entrepreneur stepped into business. Following his family, he was a former IT student at a well-known company in Singapore, but dropped out at the age of 18.


In fact, according to CNA, the durian business was started by the Chan family in 1970, but at the time it was not a durian bakery, it was just a fruit shop. It was only later, in 2002, that Marcus's father succeeded him in expanding his business from selling durians to the "Four Seasons Durians" business.

In 2015, the youngest member of the family, Marcus Chan, took over from his father, and the 27-year-old entrepreneur decided to give up his IT skills and focus on business. This was not very popular until after Marcus introduced the cake to major stores and through the expansion of additional outlets, this cake began to become popular and became the best-selling cake in Singapore. .

"While I gave up my IT skills to take up the job of making durian cakes, there were a lot of difficulties, especially with the old staff who did not respect my values," said the young heir apparent. The supply chain that I thought I was a child's was because I was too young at the time, I was only 22 years old, "he said." Last year I had no goals with this business. "But seeing my parents' efforts with this business made me not give up."


Marcus Chan emphasizes, "A word that I write down in my mind when I have a problem in business or want to give up this business, I always remember one thing: my parents worked hard. "With sweat, blood, sweat and tears before starting this company, they started it from scratch until now, so I understand that it is my duty as the son to be the best."


In short, whether you are ready or not ready to go into business, all we can do is try our best before you think you want to give up like an entrepreneur. On this, he was not ready, but what he did was try to do his best.

By: DeFi

Post a Comment

Post a Comment (0)

Previous Post Next Post
Post ADS 1
Post ADS 2